Pages

August 25, 2011

Setting the bar low

We were at a wedding over the weekend. My husband was one of the groomsmen. He began his slightly tipsy speech by saying "The groom hasn't always had the best taste in women." There was a collective pause as everyone held their breath. One of those exes was AT the wedding. He totally saved it; I don't remember exactly what was said, but it was very nice.
I was talking to him later about that moment and he repeated something he's said before: you gotta start out negative and then you go positive and it's that much better.
So, is that what you've been doing for the last 15 years then?


(We tease out of love. Okay, at first it was just me and my husband kind of hated it, but now he's used to it and dishes as good as he gets. I would never, ever say something horrible about someone I didn't know or didn't like, but if I love you? Better cover your soft underbelly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment