Pages

October 28, 2011

In which I avoid getting all Hallmark Channel-y

I've been trying to write this post all week.
I owned a business. Past tense now.
Everyone keeps asking how I'm doing. Pretty okay, actually. The thing is, I've already done my mourning. I knew we were ready to have a family and I wouldn't have the time and energy to devote to it anymore. Coupled with the economic situation, the writing has been on the wall for the last couple of years.
It sucks that things ended the way they did, no doubt about it. You can't force other people to take steps they aren't ready to take.
I will miss everybody. We were part of a great community. That's the hard part.
I will not miss being a business owner. It's draining and difficult in the best of times.
Luckily, I've got the best distraction in the world.



So what comes next? That's kind of the exciting part, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment