Pages

October 7, 2011

What have we always said is the most important thing?

Okay, this time it's actually breakfast. Not family. Not that family isn't important.

I'm a breakfast gal. I get cranky when I'm hungry. I need energy to get me through to lunch. It's even more important now. There are days when I barely let my husband get in the door before I yell "Ha ha, sucker" and thrust a baby at him and proceed to devour half of the refrigerator. Nevermind that he just got off work, hasn't eaten either and is usually kind of stinky. That can wait. Must feed the woman who nourishes the baby first.

 


I found this recipe for Baked Oatmeal over at Budget Bytes. Um, yum.
I make this at the beginning of the week, and have breakfast for the next four days. I know it says six servings, but nursing mom here.
The first time, I made it exactly like Beth (minus the blueberries, actually). I found it to be just a tad too gingery.
I adjust the spices depending on what fruit I'm using and add about one tablespoon of flax seeds.



Now that winter's coming, I might be making this twice a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment