Pages

November 9, 2011

More please

There are days and hours I just try to get through. My head is filled with all the things that need to get done. Dinner, cleaning, wrapping up loose ends. I try to stay in the present, try to appreciate the moment, but it's hard. Especially when the moment is a teething, tired baby.

And then I'm blindsided with a moment like last night. Nothing special or out of the ordinary, just something that grabs me by the shoulders and shakes and says "This. This makes everything better. This is what matters." A baby that's laughing so hard she can't catch her breath, I can't catch my breath or see through the tears.

This. It's enough to keep me going and remind me that while all this is fleeting for me, it's not for her. Make the moments matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment