Pages

January 31, 2012

Still kickin'

So, no excuses, huh? Nope. Wasn't feeling it, now it seems I am.
The cold, dark, dark, dreary, dark winter days make me just want to curl up on the couch under a blanket.
Comfort food? Check. We had a second Thanksgiving, prompted by the lack of leftovers from Thanksgiving proper and a killer deal on turkeys. Like a madwoman, I cooked the entire meal from scratch, by myself. I did not lose my damn mind. I reasoned that on any random Sunday, I might roast a chicken, make mashed potatoes and gravy and sauteed kale. So I made a pumpkin cheesecake and whole wheat rolls the day before, and stuffing from half of the rolls. And an exra vegetable. And we got to see some friends before the holidays. It was awesome.
Also, chocolate dipped salted caramels as gifts. Need more for me.
Knitting? Check. Still haven't made the cardigan for the baby, but we'll aim for next winter, shall we?
Reading? Check. I'd only read a couple of books since last spring, but went through one every few days for December and early January. Finally read The Hunger Games. (I'm still waiting on Catching Fire from the library, so hush.)
Movies? Eh. It takes 3 hours to watch a 90 minute film these days, as the baby is only just easing out of waking every hour. I have totally given up on her having a normal sleeping pattern, punctuated by periods of wonkiness due to teething or developmental spurts. It's all wonky, all the time here. Which makes watching anything take forever.
Learning how to use my new sewing machine, baking my own bread in earnest, snuggling with a baby.
Nope, no excuses. Winter's been pretty fine this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment